“Our committee is so excited to share in friendship, compassion, and support for neighbors in need. We look forward to a fun golf tournament that will celebrate the life of Fr. Glackin,” said Diane Van Parys, President of the St. Elizabeth Seton Conference SVdP.
In his 20-years of service as a spiritual advisor in Southwest Florida, Fr. Glackin touched many hearts and lives. He dedicated his life to helping others as a Chaplain of the Notre Dame Naples Club for more than 20 years and in his retirement serving at St. John the Evangelist, St. Agnes Catholic Church, and St. Columbkille Catholic Church in Fort Myers.
“SVdP Naples is blessed to have the support of our local conferences, which contribute their valuable time, leadership, and resources to continue our mission. Through their prayerful guidance and support, we can ensure that our neighbors-in-need get the critical support they need to feed and clothe their families,” said Kim Schul, Executive Director of SVdP Naples.
You can commemorate Fr. Glackin’s life and continue his mission of serving the poor through his hobby – golf. Proceeds of the event will help SVdP Naples continue to provide critical services to our neighbors in need through:
- Meals on Wheels – More than 175 volunteers distribute around 79,000 meals per year for a week’s worth of provision to those who are homebound, disabled, or low-income in the greater Naples area.
- Choice Food Pantry – SVdP promotes a healthy diet and addresses the basic needs of the community by giving food and special diet items and household goods based on a family’s size, needs, and wants.
- Family Assistance Center – The program offers a continuum of care to more than 15,000 men, women, and children seeking help may it be on basic necessities, financial aid to pay for utilities, and emotional support.
- Life Skills – This program prepares the community for a lifetime of success through practical skills courses on finances, community information, and career. All these are taught by trained professionals.
- Aid to the Homeless – This addresses the nutritional and basic needs of homeless individuals and families, helping them deal with their present condition while capacitating them towards improving their lives.
- Holiday Assistance – SVdP provides Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners so that even those who are struggling have food to enjoy during these important holidays. Children of these families also receive gifts that parents place under the Christmas trees.
If you are an avid golfer like Fr. Glackin or you just want to ensure that SVdP continues these community-building programs (or both!), join this golf tournament.