“Organized locally, Vincentians witness God’s love by embracing all works of charity and justice. The Society collaborates with other people of goodwill in relieving need and addressing its systemic causes, making no distinction in those served because, in them, Vincentians see the face of Christ.”
– National Society of St. Vincent de Paul
SVdP Naples is offering a 3-class series of 90-minute Life Skills classes to assist Collier County neighbors in bettering their lives. Classes include instruction in
- Managing money & building a budget
- Using credit wisely
- Learning employment skills & finding job opportunities
- Finding help from Naples-area agencies
English classes are offered on the 4th Thursday of each month starting at 10 a.m.
Spanish classes are offered on the 3rd Friday of each month starting at 6:30 p.m.
If the income eligibility requirements are met and all Life Skills classes offered are attended and completed, you can earn the following in addition to any other financial assistance provided by St. Vincent de Paul Society:
- Up to $300 assistance for rent and/or utilities for future use as needed to be used within one year.
- $100 voucher to use at our Thrift Store for clothes, household items and furniture.
- $10 gas card to help cover your transportation cost for each class attended
There is a short video below featuring our MidWestOne Bank instructor Eddy Alfaro talking about the program and how it can impact a family.
Thank you to our instructors and sponsors from Collier Community Foundation, CareerSource Southwest Florida and MidWestOne Home Mortgage for supporting the program.
For more information and to register for classes, email LifeSkills@SVdPNaples.org or call 239-775-2907 and select option 2.